Thursday, March 22, 2012

Get it RIGHT...get it TIGHT;)

Ever since I moved out to the bay area early last year, I have been on and off with my fitness regimen. I was inconsistent for over a year and now I am taking control over the way I look and feel.  Not only am I exercising regularly, but I am also eating healthier and incorporating more healthy habits into my lifestyle.

To boost my progress and also to provide me with more motivation, I decided to hire a personal trainer.  I am currently doing strength training twice a week with him.  All other days, I try to incorporate 30-60 minutes of cardio with the exception of one or two days off.  In addition to doing this, I also am integrating sauna sessions and “vibrating” machine workouts.  ZAAZ STUDIOS, is a whole body vibration studio that recently opened in San Francisco.  I typically go into the sauna for 15 minutes a day (week days only). 

ZAAZ STUDIOS recently launched a few locations in California, and I am sure they will be opening more locations in other states and CA cities.  Here is some information about their sauna and 20k machine, per their website: 

http://zaazstudios.com/

ZAAZ INFRARED SAUNA
“We call the ZAAZ Infrared Sauna the “Ten Minute Vacation.” Deeply soothing, profoundly relaxing, and entirely satisfying, many customers compare the feeling of stepping out of our sauna to having spent a day on the beach in the tropics. One thing we can say for sure: the ZAAZ Infrared Sauna allows you to experience the soothing heat of a traditional sauna without the humidity and sweat, meaning a change of clothes is not even necessary. Unlike a normal single heat source sauna, infrared heating panels perfectly distribute safe infrared rays to heat the body from the inside, without heating the air in between.”



ZAAZ 20K
“The premier model of oscillating vibration machines, the ZAAZ 20K purrs from our strongest, smoothest and most effective motor available. A masterpiece of engineering, the 20K features a pulse reader, calorie counter, step counter and our signature handlebar design. Not to be outdone in innovation or performance, the 20K automatically adjusts for varying weight loads and offers 99 unique speed adjustments and 8 pre-set programs. For those who will settle for nothing but the best, we present to you the ZAAZ 20K.”

Since I started using this machine, I have noticed that my levels of soreness are minimized.  The company claims that the machines were FDA approved for some of the following benefits: increased muscle strength, toning and firming of muscles, improved flexibility, etc. In addition, the company cites feedback reported by users of the machine, claims like: decreases weight, improved circulation, relieves stress, improves sleep, etc.  When hopping on this machine, I make sure to grab some dumbells and focus on "holding in" my abs - I even incorporate some side bends and squats while on the 20k.



This year, so far, I have lost 4 pounds.  I can’t confirm whether using the ZAAZ machines (20k and the Sauna) have contributed to this weight loss or if it’s due to personal training.  I will tell you, that I am less sore, which allows me to work out more and I feel good.  I am getting more toned, and I strive to get in better shape.  Following this post,  I will do an entry regarding my favorite exercises. 
We all need some motivation and I hope my posts provide you with a little fitness boost.

<3 JM





No comments:

Post a Comment